Wrays Lawyers’ Commercial and Contracts team are specialists in contract and commercial law.
Services & Expertise
Specialising in reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and agreements, Wrays advises on the terms of commercial contracts and agreements generally whether it be in relation to specific contract terms or contract compliance and governance issues. We also advise on pre-contractual matters such as memorandum of understanding, letters of intent and corporate due diligences.
Our comprehensive range of commercial services including:
- advice in respect to contract interpretation;
- the determination of contractual rights and obligations;
- issues arising from contract disputes;
- claims or disputes relating to ownership of contract and pre-contract material (eg ownership of intellectual property);
- legal advice on various issues such as indemnities, liability, warranties, insurance caps and service level deliverables;
- advice on licensing and assigning intellectual property rights;
- expertise in software acquisition and procurement;
- contract management and compliance reviews;
- auditing and due diligence of intellectual property, including the review of existing contracts to determine the ownership of intellectual property rights; and
- solutions for the protection of confidential information;
In addition, Wrays prepares, negotiates and advises on the following types of contracts:
- The sale or purchase of intellectual property;
- Licensing of intellectual property;
- Manufacturing and licensing agreements;
- Service agreements;
- Supply agreements;
- Distribution agreements;
- Consultancy agreements;
- Confidentiality agreements;
- Web development and hosting agreements;
- IT Services and Maintenance Agreements;
- End User Licence Agreements; and
- Software Licensing Agreements.
Wrays Commercial team consists of David Stewart, Stephanie Faulkner, and Nico de Jong (click on links for individual profiles). The team focus is on what drives success in the commercial environment. The Commercial team works closely with clients to understand their business: we offer the best advice to enable you to accomplish your goals.