Wrays are market leaders with expertise in all areas of intellectual property (IP) because that is all we do. Innovation, technology and brands can create significant value for organisations. Our dedicated team of patent attorneys, lawyers, brand and culture specialists and management consultants are here and ready to help with all your IP needs.
Peace of mind knowing your IP is identified and protected
- Significant experience in the protection and prosecution of your IP rights across a broad range of industries and technologies;
- Skilled in identifying innovation best protected by patents, trademarks, registered designs and other forms of IP.
Create wealth through your IP
- Developing, and exploiting intellectual property (from IP strategy to patent valuation, licensing and litigation);
- Managing, enforcing, and extracting value from your IP portfolio;
- Managing legal risk associated with infringing IP rights owned by competitors and monitoring the patenting activity of competitors; and
- Developing proactive strategies that position your company competitively, relative to competitors.
Building brands your clients commit to and your team want to work for
- Building robust, value-driven brands;
- Developing high performance cultures of engaged and motivated staff, who are dedicated to your brand;
- External and internal research provides important detailed understanding of how the brand is perceived; and
- Inspiring key stakeholder groups (including clients) to use and recommend your brand to others.
Assessing risk and performance of your IP investment
- Partnering R&D departments and business unit managers to define, create and execute IP strategies aligned to business strategy;
- Developing KPIs to assess risk and performance of your IP investments;
- Assisting with commercialisation of technology; and
- Applying industry knowledge to identify and protect new technologies in current and potential markets.
Protection of assets and wealth
- Litigation and arbitration support with significant depth in contentious matters, including those in the Federal and Supreme Courts;
- Internationally-recognised expertise in patent litigation;
- Advice relating to licensing and assignment, IP ownership, trade secrets and confidential information, privacy, e-commerce, IT transactions, IP due diligence and anti-counterfeiting; and
- Practical and professional advice in contracts and commercial law, including supply, procurement, IP licensing and assignment, service, distribution and consulting agreements.