I have over 30 years of experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications, preparing validity and infringement opinions, as well as conducting contentious matters, including litigation, opposition and appeal work.
I also regularly file and prosecute trade marks, primarily in Australia and New Zealand, but with an increasing focus on international trade mark practice.
My clients come from a broad range of industries, typically the mining and resources sector, and often relating to innovative chemical, mineral processing, and process engineering technologies. I work to ensure my clients achieve their commercial goals, with a constructive and pragmatic approach to what can be achieved and what serves the clients’ business strategy.
I am a Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, the peak body for those working in mining and metallurgy in Australia and have been regularly called upon to provide technical presentations relating to intellectual property protection for IP Australia and a variety of institutional and professional groups. After 15 years on the regional committee for the Licensing Executives Society of Australia & New Zealand in Western Australia (between 1995 and 2010) and, having served periods as both Regional Chair (twice) and Treasurer, I am very familiar with the innovation and technology transfer communities in Australia and New Zealand.
I was pleased to be a member of the State government’s Innovation Advisory Committee between 2007 and 2008 and was involved as a judge in Western Australia’s Innovator of the Year Awards from 2010 to 2012. I was also a member of the State Government’s Innovation Vouchers Program evaluation panel for 2015, and in 2020 I was appointed to the AusIMM’s Perth Branch committee.
Wrays is the ideal environment for me – I work collaboratively with colleagues who have extensive experience in the mining and resources industry to deliver the best outcomes for our clients. In addition to which, the range of services available across Wrays allows us to meet all the intellectual property and associated legal needs of our clients.
- Australian Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- New Zealand Patent Attorney
- Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy & Process Technology
- Medical Technologies
- Resources, Mining, Oil & Gas
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Pathology and Pharmacology
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Fellow).
- The Australasian Institute of Mining & Metallurgy (Fellow)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand (past committee member).
- The International Trademarks Association (Member).
- The Licensing Executives Society of Australia & New Zealand (Past WA Regional Chair).
- The Australasian Society of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacologists and Toxicologists (Member).
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association (Member).
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (Graduate Member).
- Fédération Internationale des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle – FICPI (Member)