With over 17 years’ experience as a registered patent attorney, I have vast experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications.
Having acted in patent litigation and patent opposition proceedings before the Federal Court of Australia and Australian Patents Office, I practise all aspects of patent attorney work – from drafting specifications for new inventions to enforcement work, as well as providing patent validity and infringement opinions.
I specialise in the field of chemistry which spans across the pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, food technology and mineral processing industries. My clients range across the whole spectrum – I act for large multinational clients, small local clients, universities and start ups.
I graduated from the University of Western Australia with first class honours and a PhD on the synthesis of macrocyclic compounds and their application in the solvent extraction of lanthanides and actinides. A number of publications in international journals resulted from this work. I then completed a postdoctoral position at the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom researching small molecule syntheses in supercritical fluids.
I enjoy the hands on element of working at Wrays. Attorneys get exposure to clients across a whole range of sectors and, being a very flat organisation, clients get access to everyone.
- Australian Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- New Zealand Patent Attorney
- Life Science & Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy & Process Technology
- Chemistry & Material Sciences
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Resources, Mining, Oil and Gas
- Diploma of Intellectual Property Practice
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Bachelor of Science (First Class Honours) – Chemistry
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Fellow)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand (Member)
- The Licensing Executives Society of Australia & New Zealand (Member)
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association (Member)
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute (Member; Chartered Chemist)