I am a Technical Assistant working in the Life Sciences team at Wrays. I graduated from the University of Western Australia with a Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science), with First Class Honours in Pharmacology, and a PhD in tumour biology and vascular/peptide targeting.
I have three years of postdoctoral research experience working alongside bioengineers, from BRITELab, UWA, on clinical trials in breast cancer, using a disruptive medical imaging technology, manufactured by the labs spin out commercial company, OncoRes Medical.
While completing my PhD, I acquired knowledge in the areas of research, commercialisation, innovation and venture capital investment through courses I completed from the Centre for Entrepreneurial Research and Innovation (CERI), Perth Biodesign for Medical Technology course and Brandon Capital/Medical Research Commercialisation Fund Internship Program.
Currently, I am undertaking a Masters in Intellectual Property from the University of Technology Sydney. As part of the Wrays team I am fortunate to be learning from leaders in the field, and to be a part of this elite circle. I hope to be able to serve future clients with in-depth analysis of various scientific technologies and developments to ensure they receive the most sophisticated and holistic advice in patent and trademark prosecution.
On a personal note, science has always fascinated me, and the opportunity to work alongside leading scientists at the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and scientific developments is the dream.
- Life Sciences and Biotechnology
- Health and Medical Technologies
- Clinical Trials Research and Commercialisation
- Research Ethics and Governance
- Cancer Biology
- Graduate Diploma Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science)
- Bachelor of Science (First Class Honours in Pharmacology)
- PhD (Biomedical Science)
- Perth Biodesign Alumni Fellow
- Australian Society for Medical Research (Member)
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Member)