I started in the profession as an Examiner of Patents with the Australian Patent Office (now IP Australia). I then transferred to private practice to assist clients with the development and prosecution of patent applications.
I am an intellectual property lawyer (Solicitor and Barrister), an Australian patent and trade marks attorney and a New Zealand patent attorney.
I act predominantly in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries with my practice focusing primarily on strategic IP structuring, and IP contentious actions with much of that work being in the field of patent litigation (infringement and revocation actions) and oppositions in Australia. I also assist clients with freedom to operate and due diligence positions and opinions and work with NZ litigators to deliver the same outcome for our clients in New Zealand.
- Barrister & Solicitor
- Australian Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- New Zealand Patent Attorney
Admitted to Practice
- High Court of Australia
- Federal Court of Australia
- Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Australian Patent & Trademark Office (IP Australia)
- New Zealand Patent Office
- Life Science & Biotechnology
- Medical Technologies
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Microbiology and Biochemistry)
- Registered Australian and New Zealand Patent Attorney & Australian Trade Marks Attorney
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (Western Australia)
- Fellow, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Member, Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand
- Member, Licensing Executives Society of Australia & New Zealand
- Member, Federation Internationale des Conseils en Propriete Industrielle