I have extensive experience acting in complex, often multi-jurisdictional, patent infringement and revocation proceedings and providing strategic, business-critical advice to some of the world’s leading companies.
Combining my passions for science and intellectual property, I work with my clients to resolve their complex disputes, providing practical and commercial advice.
I specialise in disputes involving intellectual property and technology, having successfully acted for clients in matters concerning patents, copyright, advertising/marketing, trade marks, registered designs, confidential information, trade secrets, counterfeit products and domain names, as well as technology-related contractual disputes and disputes relating to breaches of the Australian Consumer Law.
I also have substantial experience assisting clients in non-contentious matters, including online sales and marketing to consumers, the interplay between intellectual property and competition law, and IP transactions.
My experience crosses a wide range of industries including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices, software, telecommunications, government, clean energy and consumer goods. Clients I have acted for include Novartis, Orion, Eli Lilly, Sandoz, Fresenius Kabi, Telstra, SingTel Optus, Volkswagen Group Australia, GME Australia and various NSW and Commonwealth government departments.
With degrees in both science and law, I can quickly synthesize and distil complex technical issues faced by my clients. My in-depth understanding of the issues enables me to cut through the complexity to develop highly strategic, creative and practical solutions addressing legal and non-legal concerns.
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) – University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Science (First Class Honours) – University of New South Wales
- Life Sciences & Pharmaceuticals
- Medical Technology
- Information Technology
- Clean Energy
- Consumer Goods
- Trans-Tasman and NSW Committee Member, Intellectual Property Society of Australia
and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member, International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Member, Communications and Media Law Association (CAMLA)
- Member, Copyright Society of Australia (CSA)
- Member, Law Society of NSW
Admitted to Practice
- High Court of Australia
- Federal Court of Australia
- Supreme Court of New South Wales