As a practitioner, my main focus is on the development of client portfolios – working closely with my clients to grow and maintain their IP strategies and to understand their commercial needs and direction.
I am a registered patent attorney and trade mark attorney. I have extensive experience in drafting and prosecuting local and overseas originating patent applications, acting in patent opposition, infringement and revocation proceedings and providing general infringement, validity and due diligence opinions. Following completion of a PhD in molecular microbiology, and several post-doctoral research positions at various universities, I joined the team at Wrays in 2001 and now work primarily in the areas of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and agri-biotech.
The majority of my clients are small to medium biotechnology firms, or universities and their spin-offs. As I have been working with many of these clients for a number of years, I am able to draft and prosecute their portfolios in line with the commercial strategies we have worked on together. I also provide support and advice for Wrays’ litigation team on contentious matters.
I enjoy the face-to-face interaction with clients and long term collaboration on developing IP portfolios as an integral part of clients’ business. I very much enjoy the exposure to new scientific developments and working directly with scientists at the forefront of their fields. I have never lost my fascination with science and love the way that every client brings something new to my knowledge – and that of the world in general.
- Australian Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- New Zealand Patent Attorney
- Life Science & Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy & Process Technology
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Medical Technologies
- Master of Intellectual Property Law
- PhD (Molecular Microbiology)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Molecular Microbiology)
- Bachelor of Science (Biology and Biotechnology)
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Fellow)
- AusBiotech (Corporate Member)