I work closely with my clients to thoroughly understand their technology space so that I can deliver high quality patent documentation and advice.
As a senior patent attorney with over 16 years in the industry, I have extensive experience working with the patent portfolios and inventions of early stage, and mature, technology and innovation research.
I’m fortunate to work with a wide range of clients at all stages of technology development, from individual inventors and early stage research projects to dynamic start up companies in the telecommunications and internet search industries. I also work with large research institutions securing IP for their basic research efforts and assist and develop the IP portfolios of established multinational organisations.
With a degree in optoelectronics and a doctorate in physics research – focusing on optical and solid-state laser engineering – my focus as a patent attorney is on seeking and securing strong patent protection for inventions across many-varied fields including photonics and bio-photonics, optical physics, laser technologies and applications, and software/IT applications and algorithms. I also have experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications for medical and mechanical devices, biotechnology analysis systems / bioinformatics, electrical and electronic engineering applications as well as business method patents.
I work with my clients to thoroughly understand their technology space so that I can deliver high quality patent documentation with the greatest possible chance of successful prosecution to valid and enforceable IP rights across the many varied patent regimes internationally.
Wrays has a solid community-minded mentality which fosters collaboration between the specialised teams within the company to ensure the best possible outcome tailored to each client’s individual needs. All our people are experts in their speciality and are always eager to offer any assistance necessary to ensure clients receive the best solution tailored to their needs in alignment with their corporate goals.
- Physics including optical/laser physics, photonics, biophotonics
- Electrical Engineering Software, mobile applications, business methods
- Mechanical & Process Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Master of Industrial Property, University of Technology Sydney: July 2004 – December 2005
- Doctor of Philosophy (Physics (Optics) Research), Macquarie University, Sydney: Aug 1999 – July 2003
- Bachelor of Technology (Optoelectronics), Honours – Class 1, Macquarie University, Sydney: 1993, 1996 – 1998
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Patent & Trademark Attorneys (IPTA)
- Member, Intellectual Property Society of Australian & New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member, Institute of Physics (IPO), United Kingdom
- Member, Australian Institute of Physics (AIP)/ NSW Branch Treasurer
- Member, Australian Optical Society (AOS)
- Member, Engineers Australia