I have over 30 years’ experience advising clients on all aspects of IP. My focus is on providing creative approaches to IP strategy aligned with business strategy.
I have an established track record acting for a range of clients from start-ups to large multinationals which has been built on my reputation as a trusted and experienced business adviser.
My background in chemical engineering provides a platform to understanding technology across a wide range of fields, with current projects in the fields of critical mineral extraction, processing and utilisation, energy technology, medical technology and automotive technology.
My experience includes:
- Completing numerous patent drafting, prosecution, opposition and litigation assignments in hydrocarbon exploration and production; and extractive metallurgy including critical minerals, biohydrometallurgy, nickel, copper, uranium and gold hydrometallurgy;
- Advising on, filing and prosecuting trade mark applications in Australia and New Zealand for a range of multi-national companies;
- Managing IP assignments in energy and energy related technology in Australia and internationally; and
- Pursuing patent, trade mark and design strategies to promote the global interests of a large automotive manufacturer including providing litigation support in India, Indonesia and West Africa;
- Providing advice on business strategy with IP as a key focus.
I am published author and regular presenter on IP topics to corporate, industry, university and professional services audiences in Australia and internationally.
- Registered Patent & Trade Marks Attorney (Australia & New Zealand)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) (Honours), University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws, Murdoch University
- Past President, The Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Treasurer, WA Chapter, Australia India Business Council
- Honorary Secretary, Energy Club WA
- Member, FICPI
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors