I have over 30 years’ experience advising clients on all aspects of IP. My focus is on providing creative approaches to IP strategy aligned with business strategy.
I have an established track record acting for a range of clients from start-ups to large multinationals which has been built on my reputation as a trusted and experienced business adviser.
My background in chemical engineering provides a platform to understanding the technical merits of innovation across a wide range of fields, particularly in the fields of mineral and hydrocarbon resources and processing, both upstream and downstream, environmental engineering and in automotive technology.
My experience includes representing a multinational energy company’s patent and trade mark interests in Australia for over 20 years; completing numerous patent drafting, prosecution and opposition assignments in hydrocarbon exploration and production; extractive metallurgy including biohydrometallurgy, nickel, copper, uranium and gold hydrometallurgy; managing IP assignments in renewable energy and innovative agricultural methods; and pursuing patent, trade mark and design strategies to promote the global interests of an overseas automotive manufacturer.
I am published author and regular presenter on IP topics to corporate, industry, university and professional services audiences in Australia and internationally.
- Registered Patent & Trade Marks Attorney (Australia & New Zealand)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) (Honours), University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws, Murdoch University
- Past President, The Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Treasurer, WA Chapter, Australia India Business Council
- Honorary Secretary, Petroleum Club of WA
- Member, WA Mining Club
- Member, FICPI
- Member, Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)