I enjoy identifying and understanding clients’ inventions – and am skilled at developing commercially relevant IP strategies to protect innovations.
I am a senior patent and trade mark attorney with over 19 years’ experience specialising in mechanical technologies in a variety of industries. As a practitioner, I have extensive experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications through to grant. I advise clients with strategic intellectual property development for start-up companies and SMEs, provide opinion work on matters such as freedom to operate and general due diligence, and I assist with contentious matters such as patent oppositions.
Prior to entering the world of intellectual property, I was employed as a mechanical engineer in a variety of roles within the mining industry (railway and rolling stock) as well as equipment performance monitoring. This experience has been beneficial in not only understanding the commercial realities of business operations but also in assessing and advising on the role intellectual property plays as companies and individuals innovate.
My experience extends across a wide range of mechanical based inventions across a variety of industries, including mining, oil and gas, medical technology, rolling stock, rail and defence. I travel extensively through China where I assist my clients with their intellectual property needs and gain useful insight into the rapidly changing IP system of this growing market. I also assist in the management of my client’s intellectual property assets and the development of strategies to ensure effective, affordable protection for clients.
- Australian Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- New Zealand Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- Mechanical Engineer
- General Mechanical
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Resources, Mining, Oil and Gas
- Diploma of Intellectual Property Practice
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Fellow)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand (Member)
- Licensing Executives Society of Australia & New Zealand (Member)
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association (Member)