From drafting patent specifications to prosecuting patent applications and advising on patent validity and infringement, I enjoy working with my clients from early stages of invention conception right through to the maturity of their patent portfolios.
As a senior patent attorney with over 15 years experience working with patents, I work with clients in the life sciences and biotechnology sectors helping them realise their business strategies by patent protection and steering them through the complexities of the patent landscape. I have proven experience in managing global patent portfolios and developing filing strategies to meet my clients’ business goals.
I work with a whole range of organisations including large corporates and multinationals, research institutes and universities as well as their spin-off companies, SMEs, and start-ups. I help clients to manage their portfolios irrespective of how big or small they may be.
Understanding our clients’ business is of paramount importance to me. Business directions may change, and remaining on top of those changes gives me the flexibility of always providing strategic advice to meet our client’s commercial needs and help grow their business. The same approach also allows me to identify and protect areas in our clients’ technologies that have not been fully realised previously.
I like working at Wrays because there’s always an open door policy which is enabled by our flat structure and culture. We don’t work in silos and are always collaborative with our clients and each other which results in creating a great work environment and delivering better results to our clients.
Before joining the patent profession, I worked as a post-doctoral research scientist with the Pasteur Institute in Paris. My PhD and post-doctoral research was part of the vaccine development initiative against the human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum.
- Patent Attorney
- Antibody technology and immunology
- Microbiology and industrial-scale biological processes
- Plant biology, agribusiness, plant varieties
- Healthcare, medical devices and technology
- PhD in microbiology and Bachelor of Science with First Class Honours from Monash University
- Masters of Intellectual Property Law from Melbourne University
- Fellow of the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society of Australia and New Zealand (LESANZ)
- Australian Biotechnology Association (AusBiotech)