From invention conception right through to commercial implementation, I really enjoy getting to understand my clients’ technology and how it fits into their overall commercial strategy. This enables me to ensure that their patent portfolios add real value to their business.
I am a senior patent and trade marks attorney. Since joining Wrays in 2010, I have had extensive experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications and providing infringement, validity and freedom to operate opinions.
My technical background is chemistry and physics, with a particular focus on nanoparticulate substances. As a result, my patent practice includes a diverse range of chemistry and chemical engineering-related industries, with a particular focus on mineral processing, nanotechnology, hydrometallurgy, and upstream/downstream oil & gas processing.
I work with a whole range of organisations including small individual inventors, universities, start-ups and large corporates. I am very active in the innovation and technology transfer communities in Australia and New Zealand and am a past regional chair of the Western Australian Licensing Executives Society of Australia & New Zealand (LESANZ) committee.
- Australian Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- New Zealand Patent Attorney
- Chemistry & Material Sciences
- Extractive Metallurgy & Process Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Resources, Mining, Oil and Gas
- Medical Technologies
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Nanotechnology
- Masters of Industrial Property
- Licensing Executives Society of Australia & New Zealand (Past Chairperson – WA Regional Committee)