My experience in the IP profession spans across four countries in the Asia-Pacific. Having initially qualified and worked in Australia as a Patent and Trade Mark Attorney, I then practised as a Patent Attorney in the Chemical & Life Sciences teams of leading IP firms in Singapore, China and New Zealand. I am therefore well versed with the complexities of local and international IP practices.
Whilst working overseas, I drafted patent applications for the world’s leading research institutes and handled the patent portfolios of major chemical, pharmaceutical, animal health, food and beverage, and polymer product companies. I also advised clients on freedom-to-operate, and patent infringement and validity issues relating to pharmaceutical, food, alloy/steel and fabric coating compositions.
In 2018, a Partner position with a boutique IP practice (which has since been acquired by Wrays) brought me back to Australia. Other than managing the technical operations of the practice, I have secured numerous patent, trade mark and design registrations in Australia and New Zealand and represented clients in trade mark opposition and non-use removal proceedings in Australia. I have also worked across patent technology fields, covering pharmaceutical, biotechnology and mechanical inventions, for clients ranging from local SMEs to multinational corporations.
Prior to joining the IP profession, I completed my PhD degree in Bioanalytical Chemistry at The University of Queensland, which already had a well-established on campus commercialisation centre at the time that opened my eyes to the IP world. Now as an experienced patent and trade mark attorney, I am passionate about using my experience and training to help clients, large or small, understand the IP possibilities and consequences, and help them secure IP protection tailored to their business.
- Australian Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- New Zealand Patent Attorney
- Pharmaceuticals and natural products
- Chemistry and material sciences
- Immuno- and medical technology
- Agricultural science and technology
- Food and beverage technology
- PhD in Bioanalytical chemistry
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry and Biochemistry)
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Fellow)
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute (Member)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand (Member)